Alaska 2010

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." Mark Twain

Saturday 28 August 2010

Tuesday August 16




Drove the rest of the way to Billings to hit the “Montana Fair at Billings”. Simply put, it stunk. I’d anticipated going to the motocross races at the fair which started at 6…..but having watched them practice for an hour I was ready to leave by 11am. It was also like 100 degrees and my body was just not used to it. It was hot as Hades and after 50 degrees every day for the last 2 months, I was dying. I know, I know….it was like a hundred all summer at home. Waa waa…..sorry.

Decided to take the truck to a truck wash but there was a 2 hour wait. These truck washes have this toxic spray they put on that removes the bugs with ease. I gave the guy 5 bucks and he let me jump the line and sprayed the entire front with the toxic juice. I took it next door to the DIY car wash and finished the job. No waiting…….nice.

Next I washed myself at the Flying J and took a nap with the genny on and the AC blasting. Finished the night off blogging at a nearby Borders.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when people comment! Please do!