Alaska 2010

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." Mark Twain

Saturday 28 August 2010

Wednesday August 18







Blogged hard in the am. Hit this place called Fudrucker’s for lunch. Ever been there? Great hamburgers. They actually sell a 1lb burger. The bun is like the size of a Frisbee. I think they put your photo on the wall if you can eat 2 of them. All you tell them is the size you want. You put the condiments on yourself.

My mission was to fish the upper corner of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming today before meeting my sister and her husband tomorrow for some fun in the park.

The drive in was way longer than I expected……..up and down all over these mountains. It was cool and scenic but it was cutting into my fishing time.

Fished Soda Butte Creek and caught a bunch of gloriously beautiful cutthroat trout. I fished until it was dark then raced for West Yellowstone. I had to hustle because I knew they were doing construction in the park and that they be closing the key road I needed to drive on. There were so many bugs in the air it felt like rain hitting the wind shield. I made it just in time…I was the second to last car to go thru the construction that day before they closed the road completely. …..whew.

Shacked up for the night in West Yellowstone. Temps back to normal…..63F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when people comment! Please do!