Alaska 2010

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." Mark Twain

Saturday 28 August 2010

Sunday August 22




Got up late and browsed the shops on Main Street Cody again. Headed to the Sierra Trading Post Outlet store. I'd been there before and found some great deals. Walked out with a new jacket, hat, and pair of gloves all for dirt cheap.

Met Sis and Ian at the historic Irma Hotel for lunch. The Irma Hotel was started by Buffalo Bill Cody himself and is a relic from the wild west. We all went for the buffet.

With that, it was time to bid farewell to my sister and her husband. I was more than pleased to hear my sis say that it had been her best vacation ever. It was nice to have visitors on my trip and it was great to be able to share such an amazing place with them.

The last few days were all out and I was pretty exhausted. I spent the rest of the day asleep. At night the wind howled and shook the camper violently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when people comment! Please do!