Alaska 2010

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." Mark Twain

Saturday 17 July 2010

Friday July 16











I could barely climb out of bed this morning my neck was in so much pain. I was at the point where I could no longer find a body position where my shoulder and neck would not hurt. I had to get some help so I checked into the ER at the hospital in Seward. I was hurting so bad I could barely function.

The doctor gave me a shot of Novicane type stuff like you’d get at the dentist, right into my shoulder. Instant relief. He also wrote me a couple of prescriptions, which I picked up at the local supermarket. I have to chill out for a few days. Besides a short walk around the waterfront, I basically spent the rest of the day in bed with a heating pad on my shoulder watching movies. It was frustrating.

Don't worry mom.....I'll live. It's just a little bump in the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when people comment! Please do!