Alaska 2010

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." Mark Twain

Sunday 1 August 2010

Thursday July 29




Took another day to pretty much relax.

Looked around a bit for a small radio for the camper. Something with an antenna that takes batteries would be cool. It'd keep you entertained while keeping you informed of local stuff wherever you go. Even just an AM radio would be fine. Everything I'm finding is either too big (CD player attached), or is somehow a clock radio. I'm struggling to find the simple, old fashioned, transistor type.

Tried to watch the Legion Baseball State championships but they wanted $8 to get in.....no way.

Next stop.....The Golden Corral for lunch. If you've never heard of the GC, it's a super buffet type place that is usually pretty good. In today's case, not so good. Excellent variety but nothing exceptional. What was exceptional were the exceptionally huge people that were dining at the buffet......holy moly, the Golden Corral may have taken a loss of profits the day I was there. There were 2 dudes who easily went 4 bills each that were staying the afternoon. Even the kids in there were giant.

Bought my first ever fleece vest at Sports Authority then sat in my truck and listened to the Howard Stern IQ test results by some fluke of reception.

Started watching yet another Streep film called Julie and Julia before I fell asleep. Bone head move of the day? Parking for the night near the exit of a 24 hr McDonald's drive-thru. Stupid.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm....that is a lot of detail about the guy in the shower.......;) I'm just saying..

    Julie and Julia is a book - I just read it a few weeks ago. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I really did. Did you pack any books?!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when people comment! Please do!