Alaska 2010

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." Mark Twain

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Tuesday August 3






Floating Willow Creek was so fun I decided to do it again. I was going to get there earlier and take up the whole day fishing and floating.

Setting up the pontoon again I was surprised to notice that it’s model name was the “Kenai Special”. When I bought it 3 years ago the name meant nothing, I had no idea where the Kenai was. It came to life for me now remembering that I’d fished the Kenai River 2 weeks ago.

Today’s float was a blast. The first few hours the sun was bright, but before long the rains came…..it poured. Catching fish, weaving in and out of currants and log jams, or just floating quietly thru the Alaskan woods with the rain pouring off your hat made the whole experience even more wild. I loved it.

I broke down the pontoon in the rain and headed to Talkeetna.

2 comments:

  1. That fish with the hunch back is plain ridiculous! Great flower photos. Happy to read the blog update. Felt like a long wait for this installment especially when we know you're heading for he arctic circle. I loved all those black bunnies. Getting ready for our trip out west. SEE you soon. Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave Scadden wants this post for his "Testimonials" section of the company website...

    What did that gnarly beast weigh? Dang, fella...

    ReplyDelete

Love it when people comment! Please do!