Alaska 2010

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." Mark Twain

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Friday August 6







Headed back to Fairbanks by way of Denali National Park. I stopped at the park again because they offered a free sled dog demonstration that I wanted to see.

After a traumatic dog experience as a kid, I was never a fan of dogs. However, the demo was excellent. They encouraged you pet all the dogs which I reluctantly did.

The dogs were pretty cool. They were working dogs, used to carrying heavy loads across the huge expanse of the park in extreme low temps. They were super fired up when the ranger hooked them to a sled and dragged him down a dirt road and back. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the whole experience way more than I thought I was going to.

After the demo I completed the 200 mile drive back to Fairbanks where I blogged a while at the Barnes and Noble. Bed after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when people comment! Please do!